Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Next Season

Hey guys, I know it's been a while since I've blogged, and I really have no excuse. If you didn't hear, I got the job! I'm now a youth pastor at Vanguard Church in Colorado Springs. Their mission is to "love people into a REAL relationship with God." The people here are real, transparent, excited about what God is up to, and ready to stomp out traditional Christian views that life is perfect once you are in Christ. I line up SO well with this church's model and am amazed that God has drawn me here. The whole story of how I ended up here is pretty incredible. It started in a coffee shop, it continued in Antarctica, and it finished in an office sharing vision with the elders of this church. I am truly amazed at how this has been all about God and not about me. The job found me- I didn't find it. So, the next season of life will be spent in Colorado hanging out with high school kids, doing stupid stuff, asking them hard questions, sifting through film clips that convey truth, pouring over scripture before teaching, and certainly the unknown. The adventure continues, but the season has changed. Most often God gives us what we need, not just what we want....but a very few times those two converge. That is the case for me right now.

2 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey briggs this is dereks sister, please give a shout out to him and also from and old friend of his...Heath. thanks ~kim shiels

 
At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the YM job. I enjoyed seeing your wild man picture in the latest Taylor Magazine. Let me know if you need anything on the YM side of things! I haven't figured it all out yet but I have learned some things through my mistakes and blunders.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home