Sunday, April 23, 2006

To Frame a Sunset

As most of you know, I am back home in Colorado after six months of travel. What an amazing experience it was to see something each and every day that blew me away. So much so that I have a hard time desribing exactly what I saw. Some of you reading this came over last night to see pictures of my trip and hear about what I learned. Thanks for coming, by the way, it was amazing to see all of you and a reminder why we all need a place to call home. I tried to pack half a year of awe into a fifteen minute slideshow, and I enjoyed seeing your faces most of all as you were fixated on the screen. There is somthing about pictures that captures us. I absolutely love pictures, especially pictures of the great outdoors. I have many framed 8x10's on my wall reminding me of adventures that have taken me deep into places that most will never lay eyes on. I'm fascinated by the things that I have seen and try very hard to capture that on a memory card so others can get a look and maybe feel for a second what it was like to glimpse so closely at the works of God's fingers. It's hard for me to believe that the most beautiful things I've ever seen are only the smallest bit of what we can look forward to in heaven. The thought blows me away when I see huge mountain, crystal clear oceans, glaciers, and the speckles on a brook trout. One of my favorite songs reminds me of this each time I hear it. Chris Tomlin writes, "We have only heard the faintest whispers of how great you are." How true that is, and how excited that gets me to glimpse at my creator some day and to be wooed for all eternity by the works of his fingers. It makes me wonder... Maybe a sunset is just a time-out from life to remember that we are not home yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home