Thursday, May 04, 2006

Just call me Aunt Jemina

Some days I am challenged more by the idea that life is very short. Today was one of those. It was a good reminder to not just live...but to think intentionally. -----Today is a new adventure------Our lives are so short------Acceptance of routine can murder the soul. It was a foggy, cold, overcast day at work (I'm doing landscaping/construction for the time being), and being outside didn't exactly make me want to shake my booty and sing out loud. Around lunch time my roomate and I talked up a sweet idea, a different one- a home-made breakfast feast for lunch. It was the best lunch break I can remember in a long time, maybe ever, because we decided to step out of the routine. Standing in my kitchen smelling heaps of bacon, eggs, hash browns, and pancakes for three hungry dudes just made me laugh. Today's a new day; you never know what you're gonna get.

3 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Blogger Gwen said...

Good wisdom, Forrest :) Isn't it funny how our best memories are so often centered around a delicious combo of food and friends? Way to make the most of a dreary day!

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home