Friday, March 31, 2006

Living it up in paradise

Kauai is as beautiful as I had heard! It is hard to believe the shear cliffs and waterfalls flowing right into the reefs and surf. It's paradise! I hiked the legendary NaPali coast trail for a few days and was blown away. I met up with a few other nice folks that decided to brave the muddy trails and had a great time hanging out. I slept under the stars with the sound of a rushing waterfall right near me. The wild orange and guava trees were full, and it was nice to stop every once in a while for a fruit break along the trail. It has rained quite a bit here, but it's a rainforest...what did I expect? Everyone has been very friendly and hitch hiking has been easy. I have a few crazy stories I'll tell you guys in person too. For a look at Kauai, the "garden island", watch Jurassic Park again or I'll post some pics when I return to Colorado. I leave Kauai late Saturday night and fly out of Oahu early Sunday morning. It's hard to believe that I am at the end of six months away from home. Colorado here I come! I miss you guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home