Friday, January 06, 2006

Polarmoron.com

Well, the time has arrived to see how stupid I really am (please, no comment). I have been training for about six weeks to run the only official Antarctic marathon. 26.2 miles on the Ross ice shelf on a flagged trail route, it should be interesting. It will be a huge challenge, but much of the grewling part is done. Many miles and a few frozen beards later I am ready to take this thing on. Tomorrow morning me and twelve others will be transported to the starting line to take on the challenge. The weather will be the determining factor. If the weather turns bad and it is really windy it could be very dangerous on the ice shelf. My goal- to finish. Stay tuned for an update... if I even have enough energy to write tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home