Friday, January 06, 2006

The big wigs have arrived!

For the last few days we've been making this little village look as nice as we can. We were informed last week that some senators, representatives, and their aids would be coming to check the place out. As I arrived at work tonight the craziness began. Me and two others were told to go around to a few different locations and deliver their bags to them. As we went to a few small huts and a couple of the dorms they were waiting for their stuff. I met some representatives and a few senators, looking smooth with nice collared shirts and antarctic pants, jacket, and boots to clash a little bit. They were very helpful and mingled more than I thought they might. I carried John McCain's bag over to his hut, but did not see him. They will be eating normal meals with us, will take some sightseeing trips, and will take a trip to the pole. If this trip goes well, the National Science Foundation hopes they were support the Antarctica program (USAP) in the coming years. Pretty cool stuff going around here these days. There is never a dull moment in MacTown...and if there is....maybe you're just a dull person.

1 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger Alan Briggs said...

Mark, email me you lazy bum. Just joshing man, I emailed you at your work account...did you get it? Try sending me a line at AlanBriggsis@gmail.com and we'll chat. I had another question for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home