Thursday, December 29, 2005

A special thanks to Miss Goff's 8th grade class!!!

Wow, today was a special day. Shortly after arriving at work headquarters this morning I was told I had gotten a huge package. The post lady was curious and said she thought it might be the biggest Christmas package they'd seen down here. Much to my surprise, I saw that the package was from an 8th grade earth science class in Madill Oklahoma. Their teacher is good friends with my girlfriend and Kelly had mentioned to her friend (also named Kelly) that she and her class could follow my adventures in my blog. I opened up the huge box to find 54 pounds (yes lbs.) of candy, food, hot chocolate, books, shirts, hats, 2 ply toilet paper, notebooks, toothpaste, shampoo, coffee, handwritten letters, and much more. I was blown away! To Miss Goff's class, thank you all! I have read many of your letters and am excited to hear about your lives there in Oklahoma. I am amazed at the time and effort you put into making it a special Christmas treat for me. I shared much of the candy with friends at work and people in my dorm (not all of it of course), and I plan to write your class letters on the paper you sent. It means a lot that you are following the blog and keeping up with my adventures here. I will compile as many of the questions as I can and try to answer them through email to Miss Goff or letter mail. You made my day today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home